Monday, September 30, 2013

Women Drivers...

The Saviors love is such a powerful thing. I am very grateful for the infinite love of Him who created us. This month has just been one thing after another. It never seems to get easier. I am so sorry to all those that are going though such a hard time. But Broken things are Made to Mend.

The principle of Love is one that I have come even more to realize. It's not something that can be put into words, a cake, some cookies, a letter, or in the sky by an airplane. It is a word of Action. I love that the Savior even said "If you love me, Keep my Commandments." He has helped me to realize more and more every single day that the only way to really show or to tell someone that you love them is to help them in a way that might hurt or hinder you. I have been studying alot of talks from the General Conference in April and last night I had a very vivid dream about the principles in one one of them and these are the six things.

1.   The temple is the place.
2.   To contend, you need two people, and I will never be one of them.
3.   A child who sings is a happy child.
4.   I need you to hug me.
5.   I love the Book of Mormon and my Savior, Jesus Christ.
6.   It is not enough to know the scriptures; we have to live them.

 I really do believe that all of those principles will be the key to happiness. The are the Actions of Love. Learning to leave what you want to be doing and doing what you should be doing by going to the Temple. Realizing that a fight unpicked is a fought won! Singing is truly a prayer unto the Most High and releases us from Temptation. Physical touch is as powerful as any earthy expression of love. The Book of Mormon and Jesus Christ show us the way to help us and others receive Eternal Life. The scriptures are the handbook to happiness. If I follow those 6 things I know that I can be the happiest man on earth! Anyone can. It's really not that hard. 

We had alot of different things happen this week. It has just been one thing after another. We got to have our interviews with President Slaughter but mine was a little bit different. On the way there I was getting in the car with the sisters, and they had a few things like a purse, and a box and stuff in the back seat and so I was moving them and getting in when the driver took off and smacked my door into a pole. Now that wouldn't have been a big deal, except that my head was  between the car door and the frame of the car, so it smashed my head in between. I just kinda rolled into the car, they were kinda freaking out and my head hurt really, really bad. So we showed up for the interviews and I just sat there, I wanted to puke, cry, and it all just hurt so bad. I sat there for like 45 minutes and then went in for my interview, I asked President Slaughter for a blessing, and he gave me one. He told me that I was healed completely and that I would be able to gp out and work. When we got out of the blessing he wanted me to sit around for a bit and he wanted to see if I was going to be ok. I told him I didn't need to, because he told me in the blessing I was going to be ok. So I just left, My head still hurt pretty bad so I prayed, and went to sleep for my lunch break, and when I stood up everything was ok, I could see fine, I wasn't sick and I didn't have a head ache. So we got to go out and work! I am incredible grateful for faith in the Holy Priesthood. It will change lives and even save them.

A funny one that happened was we were walking down the street, and once again we were miles away from home and it started to down pour. It was terrible. So we hid underneath a tree and I know you aren't supposed to do that in a storm, but I think the Lord won't strike our tree, He needs me to much. So anyway we got sick of that and started walking figuring to get drenched anyway and a car pulled up and asked us if we wanted a ride somewhere. We jumped into the car, and told him what we do and he was blown away. We asked him to drop us off on the corner but he wouldn't do that and took us to Panda Express with him. It was pretty funny. We talked for a while about everything and then he told us that he had to go shopping and since now we were way away from our house we had no choice, so we looked at Legos for like a half hour. They aren't not the same as when I was a kid!

Sunday I told Elder Dayton I wasn't sticking around at church if we didn't have any investigators again. I am so sick of being there when we don't have people. Honestly it's almost a waste of the Lord's time. I'm not there to be getting spiritual nourishment for me right now. So we called everyone and no one was going to come. We showed up to church and no one was there. AGAIN. But the Lord hears and answers prayers and fasting and the Taco Cabana boy from last week showed up again and was like "Funk! Ya know I kinda like it here. I decided to come again!" We spent the rest of the church time together. I know that the Lord does answer my prayers. I didn't will him to do that.. I am just grateful that He gave me a chance to see some hope! PLUS. He said that he met the Pope one time and compared to the feeling that he felt at sacrament meeting it was like "talking to his Grandpa." The spirit really helped him understand what he needs to do in life to be happy just as it does to all of us!

Really there have been to many lessons that you learn when you are on a mission to throw them all into an email. I wish that I could just like invest my soul into the computer and you could see into my mind and my heart. Hearing the stories of the suffering, whether here or at home is so humbling to realize that I have such a great privilege to be serving in the Lord's Vineyard. I really do know with all of my heart that he looks for the hands that hang down so that he can carry them to greater heights. My mission has changed me for the better every single day. I wouldn't trade anything that I lost for the things that I have gained. There is way to many things. The Savior often times has to let us feel alone so that we really can know who walks beside us. I now know my Savior. I walk with him every day. He is by my side, reprimanding me, counseling me, teaching me, but most of all, loving me. He doesn't just tell me he loves me. He doesn't show that he loves me, but he works with me to show me that he loves me. I know with all my soul and heart that he loves me and he loves each and every one of you. I testify of that, and bear my witness in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Elder Funk
Remember who you are and what He stands for!

No comments:

Post a Comment