Tuesday, February 19, 2013

February 18, 2013



Yeah thanks so much for all of the letters that ya'll sent me this week! It has been really great to be able to get so much stuff from y'all.

(What is most different about Texas?)

The thing that is most different about Texas is probably not having any mountains. DEFINETLY took those for granted when I was back home. I basically have no idea what is north and south while I have been here I have just kinda memorized all the streets and things. I got to start driving also this week because Elder Kertamus is going home on the 20th of March so he can't drive for his last transfer.

(Do you like being 'on your own'?)


 I do like being out on my own. It is really fun but still so structured. I am probably a lot neater being on my own and having to take care of all of mine own stuff. My room is basically spotless from all of my stuff Elder Kertamus' is a little trashed though! It's cool though.

(What do you like receiving in the mail?)

I like just about anything in the mail. I really don't have a ton of time to write back to many people this week so just tell everyone thank you so much for the letters and that I really do appreciate everyone that writes me.

I think that some of the things that I wish I would have done before my mission is definelty to study the scriptures more and just basically love people. I was really judgemental before I came out here but I have really been trying to work on that as I have been out here serving all the people.

Hope that answers a bit!
As for my week I would have to say that it was the hardest out of all of them. We didn't really get to teach any lessons this last week. That makes for a long week! We did have a scripture study class last week and it's sorta a funny story. So we talked about 2 Nephi 2 and studying the Atonement of Jesus Christ. We read in verse 11 about opposition in all things. So I decided to tell the story of Oscar Pistoris. Keep in mind that this was on Wednesday night. So we talked about him for like 5 minutes and everyone really sorta knew about him but anyway.. It was a good example for then. THEN he shoots his Girlfriend the next day? Really? I got phone calls from a bunch of people in the branch telling me that my role model just shoot his Girlfriend. Dang it. It was just insane. Of all the people that I could have picked to talk about I chose that one. Man... Heavenly Father has a sense of humor sometimes I believe.

On Saturday we went knocking some doors and EVERYONE that we talked to basically told us we were going to hell and that we needed to read the bible. Awesome people. Sometimes people try and bible bash with us but there was a man and he wanted to really badly. We talked to him about the Premortal existence. He told us that not everyone was a child of God. What?... So we told him that they were and it was interesting to watch him struggle trying to defend his case as we bore our testimonies of the gospel. He talked about the God head and was saying something about them being one. I bore my testimony of them being three distinct individuals and told him. "You cannot dare to deny the truth of the distiniction between Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost. You cannot say that they are one. The feelings in your heart right now is God telling you that I am here telling you the truth. You cannot deny that." He could not. He said that I was right. It was really neat. The spirit is so incredible.

Last night we came home and there was like a bunch of cops outside our apartment talking to our neighbors. I guess that there was a giant fight going on and one guy got sent to the hospital. Man.. talk about awkward! We have a picture of Christ hanging on our door and so we said hi and walked right on in. We scare our neighbors. It's kinda fun because they are all the same age but we are on so far of a different track.

Well I pray that this will be a better week for lessons. I really believe that it will. This is the Truth. This is God's Truth.

Remember who you are and what He stands for.

No comments:

Post a Comment