Monday, December 23, 2013

How to be happy

Well dang. Here we are again, it was basically the worst week ever! But it had a really good ending. I can't believe how fast that it went. It was crazy.. So let me tell ya about it. I wouldn't trade being a missionary for anything.
Yeah... So the "Broccoli Experiment." What a complete and udder failure. It was sooo bad. I was totally bummed out. So I felt terrible I went home and just chugged some nyquil tried to call the Mission President's wife and passed out at about 1 o'clock. I think I woke up like twice. I woke up once at like 9 o'clock to talk to Sister Staker because she randomly called, I still don't really have any idea why...  I actually couldn't tell ya anything I said because I just basically fell back asleep and woke up at like 9 oclock the next day still feeling like I had just been forced to watch a Jim Carey movie, (I felt like crap). Finally the next day the doctor lady calls and tells me I have allergies. Cool. So I found some Allegra that had expired in August and downed that. It still worked. I felt like a new man. Still terrible, but at least able to "Funk"tion. so that was cool. We didn't work or anything on Tuesdaythough…

Then Wednesday was pretty much a dud too. We went to Nick's house and him and Jessica had gotten into a fight about something or other and heck I don't really know. It is all drama to me. I'll just tell ya everything now.. So long story short there was a cat fight between the girlfriend and the sister and the gf picked up the Ipad to chuck it and the sister dodged and the baby got the Ipad to the face. So Nick calls the cop, he is a felon so they start to harrass him, they tell him to get in the car and get away, only he doesn't have a drivers licsense. So he does anyway.. Just DRAMA. He called me as it was happening and we talked for a bit, needless to say, he had pretty decent excuse for not coming to church because all of the happened yesterday. I love Nick. Bishop hooked him up with like 20 presents and stuff so that was pretty sweet. I love that guy.

CHRISTMAS CONFERENCE!! it was pretty cool Loaded up on some sweet food and stuff... President lectured for 2 hours about angels and things he showed us tons of false doctrines about the Birth of Christ. It was awesome! He pulled out tons of art and stuff, and kinda pulled some jokes. He and I are really, really similar in our sense of humor but he is alot more refined and better at it. I love it alot. Most of the kids fell asleep because everyone had to drive a ton to get there and we got like 4 hours of sleep that night, but I stayed up and took notes. It was awesome. I loved it.

Lets see.. I went on Exchanges this Saturday. Terrible day. A dumb train parked outside our apartment at 4:30 and blasted it's horn. I couldn't sleep and it was just not fun. We ate a ton though. Our DL has a comp that is a little slower at doing things. He is such a sweet kid, from Mendon, but a little slow and shy, so me and him busted it that day on the bike, only it didn't seem very successful. Nothing seemed to pan out. The zl's of course called and told us that they couldn't drive us home or anything so we were stuck and had to call a member. I was beyond ticked. I still haven't talked to them. They left us hanging so bad, because they planned stuff over the top of us. Whatever. When I came home I wasn't in the best mode and then I found out that my bed got wet. and no one cleaned it up... So I was tired and cranky and had to stay and wash my bed stuff. Nobody's fault. It's just one of those things.

This mode carried over to Sunday morning. I had the hardest time getting up and going to church, I was just pretty angry from the week. When we got to church not a single Inv. Showed up. GREAT! So I was even more bummed out. We went and sat on the back row and we sat next to some mom and her two kids who were so loud! I was irradiated. But then I remembered a story about President Kimball in an airport where instead of complaining about a crying kid he went and helped. So I decided to do that and played with this kid the whole time and it was so much better. It made my whole day and whole week better.

I guess I get it a little bit more now. The spirit of Christ, I was really happy when I wasn't looking on the inside and instead was helping someone outside. I love the Savior. Doesn't mean I'm perfect, doesn't mean I understand everything but I love, love, love Him. He means the world to me. I know he live this Christmas season. He lives all year long. I am so grateful that one day I can kneel at His feet he will probably laugh with me a bit and then we can give each other the biggest hug. I know He is the Savior of the world. I know. I know. So Merry Christmas. I hope yours is as good as mine!

Love Yall.
Elder Funk
Remember who you are and what He stands for.

No comments:

Post a Comment