Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Walking into a den of lions

Alright... So today, I am super sick actually! It really sucks to be sick on a P day... Yeah.. The one day that I don't want to be sick at all. Awesome right? So here is my plan. I woke up and downed some Yogurt to sooth my throat which went pretty well, then I took a flippin hot shower and made myself a pill cocktail! A few tylenol, some sweet vitamin C pills and something else I think.. I have a whole bunch of throat spray so I have been using that too. My plan is to be better in an hour or so... So to help that along a downed a big thing of water, then ate an entire bag of thawed broccoli. I'll keep ya updated. I am not going to be sick this week. 
This week went by pretty dang fast. I can't believe that I am emailing again already.. Crazy. We have a couple of our investigators that are going to court today.. One of them is already in jail for running over his girlfriend and kid.. Nice... And the other for pushing his girlfriend... Yep. So this should be a good series of phone calls that I am going to making later...

We had our ward Christmas party this week! It was awesome. We had a ton of investigators that showed up and everything. This one was hawaiin themed. Which meant that they lady in charge told us to wear some skirt things that they were in the islands. Normally I would be totally down for that.. But I don't think Elder Le Sueur could handle that. Plus he didn't want to really wear anything under it so... Yeah. I had to but the hammer down on that one.. It was neat though. The Bishop really likes me alot and we are working with him even more, It's been neat to see the transition since I was able to start working here so long ago to now. It's gone from the missionaries not going to Ward Council or PEC to now the entire meeting is about missionary work! I guess I went on a bit of a rant there. Anyway I was talking to the bishop and he came over and nailed down some less actives that were there. Nice work. I wish I could have dressed up like an elf or something... I have good ears for it.

So before the party we went and worked with Kyle and we set up the Catholic Lecture. Yeah.. So we are going to lecture at Jon Paul the Second Catholic School in San Antonio, for some Super Theology class. Should be good. I'm pretty excited. We talked it out with the teacher and he wanted to know what he can ask and stuff, it's going to be question and answer for a good 30 minutes so... yeah I invited the smartest guy that I know. Brother Munoz, he told us no at first because he thought that he would lose his cool, but he texted us later that night and asked if he could come with us. We asked him what changed his mind. He said "I pictured the two of you walking into a den of lions alone." Foreboding right? I'll let ya know how it goes. President thought that it was good idea, and he gave me a ton of pointers for it.

Speaking of President we had interviews yesterday and it was so great to finallly have a good interview! Where I didn't get drilled for not doing something right, or having to have a concussion test. We talked about the gospel the entire time. That is what it is supposed to be. I told him about Elder Le Sueur and everything, basically his response was.. I know, you know when to push and when to let back, just keep doing your best. I really liked it. He was nice to know that someone has my back when things go down.

We had our zone meeting this week, it was pretty epic. We have this one elder that answers every single question. Sometimes he doesn't really talk about the same topic that we are on, but at least he tries. It was basically the same 5 of us commenting the whole time which gets kinda old for 3 hours, but I think it's important, especially for the people that are teaching. It is hard to teach when the entire audience is checked out. Anyway. I got asked a question and before I knew it I popped out some Micheal Jackson reference. Man, did the senior couple not love that one. It was "Man in the Mirror" song, so I thought it was appropriate, but they really don't like me, after I gave a few trainings about "Flirting to convert the members" and stuff. It seems like every time they don't like what I say. It is what it is.

Ok so we have this new investigator named Nathan, and he is sooo golden. I don't even think he realizes how golden he is. He knows the gospel already I'm pretty sure and is just waiting to tell us that he is already a member. The only thing that is really holding him up is that he understands it all but really just wants to know it all for knowledge not as a way of life, but that should change pretty soon as he starts to realize what is really going on. He came to church yesterday and I think that he really enjoyed it.

Speaking of church yesterday.. We got called Wednesday night to teach Gospel Principles, out of all the books that we have in the apartment I think that is probably the only one that we don't have. We have taught it before but alot of the time it is just winging it.. This one was on covenants. Great. So like halfway through the class I got called out into the hall and the member told me a ton of stuff that we needed to do with Nathan (the baptized one) It was a great except when I got back in I had no idea what they were talking about for like 5 minutes... It was a mess. The EQ president was there and I think he felt our pain. It didn't help that we didn't know anything about what we were talking about either...

I really can't think of a whole lot more stuff that happened this week. Oh I did get Grandma and Grandpa Steel's package this week, and it had 3 wrapped things in it. So I justified myself and thought that I could open just one. So I did! It was totally just a bunch of coal. Talk about Ironic.

The neatest thing by far that was this week was that the Magana's came to chuch!!!! It has been like 4 months of working with them and they finally made it! I was so so so happy to see them. It came after we went over there and had a lesson with them and really just listened to what they had to say. What their concerns were about coming and everything. They were just overwhelmed by the amount of people that were going to be there. Which is totally understandable. We talked and talked about it and they came! They even gave us a christmas present. A bowl and some Chili. It is awesome to see when people don't have alot, they are still willing to give. That is the kind of person that I want to be, when I grow up.

I can't believe how fast that the mission is going.. It's scary!! I am having fun, and working hard. It's cool though. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

Elder Paul Funk
Remember who you are and what He stands for!

No comments:

Post a Comment