Wednesday, October 22, 2014

8 Weeks

Welll... Hey. 
This week was kinda a different one. 
P day was way sweet. I got to go and play flag football with savon and everybody, so that was pretty cool. He's so flippin good. I guess that's what you get when you play with one of the highest recruited college athletes right? 
Then at 10:25pm they called me and told me I was being Et'ed to go down to Austin because some elder wrecked his shoulder and couldn't bike. So mad. All I wanted was to just stay and finish my mission down in Alamo 2nd. Then the Ap told me that I was supposed to be there at 9am the next morning. 
Yep. I took my time packing and I had to go say goodbye to Savon. That was one of the hardest things that I have ever had to do. I don't know why either. It's not like he is dying or anything. We just became really, really tight. So after I said bye I just bawled my eyes out all the way to stone oak to do the transfer. I was like 2 hours late and no one was really happy with me, but I wasn't really happy with anyone else either. 

Then I had to say bye to Elder Mccombs, hargraves, and snow. That's probably the last time I will get to see them on my mission. So yep. Waterworks again. As trunky as I might have thought that I was to go home, I want to stay here so bad. I love the people. There is honestly nothing like serving and just falling in love with everything here. I think it would be easier if yall just came to Texas and lived here, then I never have to come home. Plan? Sounds good. 

So my comp's name is Elder Eubanks. Real simple kid from SLC he wants to be obedient and just do anything that is asked of him. So that is really neat. I like him alot. 
As far as investigators here go... Yeah we don't have anything. Kinda sad. Oh well we can start from scratch I guess. 

All we did this week was knock on doors. The first 2 doors that we knocked on we got into, so I was feeling pretty confident in my abilities again and thinking that I still had it in me. Yep. Then the lord humbled me and we haven't gotten into a door in 3 days. So yep! 

Austin is alot different. I don't think that the people are as nice here. They seem to be a little meaner maybe? Idk. Austin's big thing is that it is weird. Like Portland or something. Whatever that is supposed to mean.
Oh! I left my mission scriptures and pmg in the car when I got transferred up here. Nice Funk. Nice. So we have a 70 coming up here and I only have a book of mormon. I'm for sure going to be the kid that he calls on to talk and stuff. Ugh haha not excited. 

The ward seems pretty cool. The bishop asked me where I came from and how long I'd been out. and after he realized I've been out a long time he said "Oh, I bet you were wanting to stay out and finish your mission there. and then the mission president transferred ya up here. Bummer. I guess it happens." But that's ok. I just told him that I was glad to be here and he said he was happy to have me.
Well I guess that's about it for this week. We are just going to keep on working and doing our thing until Dec 10th! 51 days... But who's counting. Trunky Trio lives on. 


Remember who you are and what He stands for!

Elder Funk

No comments:

Post a Comment