Wednesday, October 29, 2014

7 Weeks to Home!

Man what a week. I got transferred again. What a week. 
Well... I felt like the old days. we literally had nothing in this area. It has been so dead. So we went a knockin. The closest thing that we got to success was that we were able to talk to a drunk guy for like 20 minutes. We talked about everything from Ebola to the war to who knows what else. He was cool though. 

I feel like I learned alot. I went from teaching 25 lessons a week. to teaching literally 0 lessons in a week. Even though I was trying my very hardest. Probably harder than I have in the the last few months to try and get something going in the area. Talking with everyone and calling people. 
It really humbled me. Being with Elder eubanks the last two weeks has been really good too. He is a really simple kid that tries his very best. He really doesn't have the ability to talk to people that others do and really not to many obvious talents. So it honestly was inspiring and humbling to watch him work. 
What a great kid.

We also got to meet a couple of 70's this week. They came and talked about comp study and planning and talking with everyone. It was really, really good. I learned alot. Elder Hamula also talked about putting down our weapons of rebellion and becoming saints through the atonement of christ. Yep. I have a hecka lot of those. So I set some goals and everything. Should be good.

Also I got my scriptures back. My scriptures are my most valuable possesion. I was sooo excited when I got them back. My Preach my gospel is also on the way I heard. So that is good. 
I have gotten through the first 200 pages in the book of mormon the last couple of weeks. The promises of a Savior and the restoration are beautiful. They really are. I can't believe how great the Lord is to the people when they just listen to what he has asked them to do. Even when people are unrepentant and don't want to change most often he will beckon them all back before he does anything to threaten them to repent. So great. I love the promises of the Lord and I know they are true. Even when you have a week where you don't teach a soul.
A different 70 came because we had Stake Conference. He did a follow up on Holland's talk. It was really cool for him to tell storys of saints in Ghana giving up a of what they have so that they could donate to the poor saints in utah. The entire congregation was floored by that. 

So I guess a week with nothing taught me more than a really busy week. weird how that works out I guess. 
I am so grateful to be a missionary. I love the Lord. Because guess what. I really, really don't like being transferred around like this, and if I didn't know the church was true. I'd be WAY more of a jerk than I already am. But I guess you just let come what may and love it right? Well I love the mission. I'm going to miss it so much. 

Remember who you are and what he stands for.

Elder Paul Funk

No comments:

Post a Comment