Thursday, May 30, 2013

Preaching to Pastors

So this week was so much better. I mean I guess the work was about the same. After ward council last week we came and Brother Durst bore his testimony about the importance of fellowshipping during missionary work. It was incredible. He is my favorite member ever! During Priesthood they were talking about what parents do to help their kids aim high. So being the youngest there they called on me to talk for a second. I started telling them about how the saying in our house as we leave is "Remember who you are and what He stands for." I just broke down crying. Because that is the key isn't it? Confidence is instilled in us as we truely come to realize who we are. Children of a loving heavenly father who cares about us! He does! I truely have come to know that with every fiber of my being. I am not out here alone. We are surrounded by angels that are guiding us to do what is right and to guide us back to Him. I am working on writing something that I call Eternal Homesickness.. It's kinda a cool idea. I will keep ya updated maybe! But really. We just miss our Heavenly Father and as we are obedient to the commandments that he gave us for this life we begin to realize the same commandments that we have now are in place were in place before we came. As we obey we begin to remember the same feelings that we had when we were with our Pre Mortal Family.

We had a couple of Less Actives come to church this Sunday. They haven't been to church in a really long time so that was a miracle! It was awesome! So that was one of the rewards of hard work this week. It was really neat to be able to apart of that.

We had a training meeting that we had to go down to in San Antonio this week on Thursday. It was way awesome because I got to see President and a ton of my missionary friends. I have gotten to meet quite a few of the Elders in the mission now. It is so fun to be friends with them. I even got to see Elder Steggell. Man I miss him. He got transferred down to South San Antonio. When President was training the 75 missionaries he started to talk about the baptisimal invitation, and he looks and says "Does somebody want to volunteer to give me the baptisimal invitation before I call on Elder Funk?" Everybody laughed so I stood up and said "President Jones. Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ by being baptized by someone holding the Priesthood Authorty of God?" The spirit just flew in. It was incredible. He even said Yes! It was a neat experience. Then he and Sister Jones sat in a couple of my role plays that we did. It was really neat! I loved it! Hope I did alright though...

We knocked alot of doors again and we ran into a couple of pastors which was pretty fun I guess! I love to talk to people that have an idea of what they are saying.. It is so fun because we can have a conversation where it is kinda a give and take kinda thing. It is neat to learn from them their ideas. We also sat down with my friend Les again on Friday. He argued a few more points after watching some YouTube videos and googling some more stuff. I called him out on it. So yeah we talked alot more especially about the Plan. It was neat because I can really see his heart beginning to soften. He has a ways to go before he will accept everything buy one day he will!

We taught the Sermon on the Mount once again this week and that was fun because we got into details and they love all the stories that I tell from home. Especially the camping ones that I tell. I really am loving the work here. It is hard but I know that it is worth it. The harder I work the more my reward will be. I know that is the truth. It's frustrating because sometimes in life we don't always see the momentary rewards, but they are just going to come in the future. As long as I am obedient and work really hard I know they will.

I have the most sure witness that Jesus is in fact the Christ. It is an amazing fact that The Son of God loved us so very much that he came down to die for us in a supernal act of love. If I knew nothing else I know that he will come back to this earth. I know that by the power of the Holy Ghost. He truly does testify of truth. We had a lesson this week with a man named David, he is in his 60's and had a stroke not to long ago and has been struggling with the death of his really good friend. We were going to teach him a restoration lesson but when it got down to it I felt like I should teach him the plan. I taught him about earth life and for some reason told him about temples. He was stunned. It just started crying saying that he loved that. As we left the spirit was telling him that what we had told him was the truth. I do know that it was. Of that I bear witness. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
Remember who you are and what He stands for!
Elder Paul Robert Funk

No comments:

Post a Comment