Thursday, July 3, 2014

GOOOOOOOALLLLLLLLLLL

Hey how's it doing?
Well this week was infinetly better then last week. Loved it. Except we did have some dinners and stuff fall through. Gosh dang. It's pretty messed up when that happens.
Well I guess to start I just love my life. Man Staker totally made me a whole pan of cookie brownies last week on pday. They were the bomb. Totally made my entire day better. Oh and i destroyed one elder in Dodgeball. There is nothing more satisfying then nailing someone with a giant ball of rubber. Wipeout teaches entenal principles.

Hmm. Well we got to go to the border this week it was pretty dang sweet. I might even send some pictures if I have time today. For some reason they mission figures they can hand the keys to whoever is in Alamo 2nd and they can drive a Chevy Silverado and a trailer down to the Border of Mexico and be fine. It was like a 9 hour drive I had so much fun being able to drive a big truck. The whole place got totally drenched and so when we all hopped in the truck we were soaked to the bone. There were 5 Elders and 1 Sister. How does that work? Heck Idk. All I know is that I ended up driving with the sister in the passenger seat and Elder Steggell in the back for a solid 2 or 3 hours straight. It was bizarre. Almost like a date or being married. I think she even did make one Marriage comment that was pretty funny...
We had to go through a check point and like a said we were pulling a giant covered white trailor. They didn't even check it at all. We could have had like 85 Immigrants and nothing. Yeah. Pretty crazy stuff. I would be a great people smuggler I guess.

We also had transfer meeting. Nothing to crazy happened except that Eric Jones (Elder Jones is a friend of Paul's from high school.) now lives 3 doors down from me. It's so sweet. He comes over basically every night and we just chill out and talk. Love it. Between him and Elder Snow we have some good ole times.
The work here is doing pretty well. The 9th Ward sisters and Alamo 1st sisters called us basically everyday to give us referrals. Idk about you but I think it's because of my strikingly good looks.. OR not. Either way. Staker has given us tons of people to teach. I think her numbers in her area doubled the rest of the zone for the week. Good Golly. I gotta man up and do better.

Meg came to church she even came over and said Hi to me. We had a nice conversation and I think patched stuff over. She was probably just having a bad day. But Ya know what hurts the most, is being so close and having so much to say then watching her storm away. Yep Rascal Flatts.

Not gonna lie I had the hardest time studying this week for some reason. It was killing me. I have no idea what I was doing wrong it just wasn't working out for me. I don't think I had any significant revelations. Yeah. I'll work it out or something though, President Slaughter wants us all to do the 12 week training program over again. Literally being retrained. I think that he thinks that we are all morons. He is probably right. The Zl's gave a training a couple weeks ago and laid down the law on the rules and stuff because we are all to incompetant to figure stuff out on our own or something. (I did set a goal of not being sarcastic, but man I fell short on that one) Speaking of shorts. Sisters are not allowed to wear shorts anymore. We are no longer allowed to have sports equipment or to bike after dark. We can't have anything to do hobbies. No board games or anything that is remotely fun. Seriously. I don't really understand, but whatever just endure I guess. It's now like living in Prison with no visitors. haha. The food is better though I guess.

We had dinner over at a members house last night that knows President Pettit so she sent him a picture and sent it to mom too. She is pretty cool. She kinda looks like she is hugging me in the picture. She basically was. It was weird, but she is cool so whatever I guess? That was a sweet dinner, they just cooked whatever they could find in their fridge for us. We had chicken potatoes, bacon pasta, broccoli, carrots, and fried bananas. It was one of the best dinners I have had here. Then we just all chilled and talked for an hour or so. YSA wards are pretty fun if you are in with the right group I guess.

Oh Michael Paul the guy that didn't like me, told me that he was surprised that I hadn't apostaisized yet. He is pretty funny. I got in with him though yesterday talking about the world cup. He gave me all the low down. I was sad to see Mexico lose. But maybe it will allow us to get in more doors, to console the loss of a loved one. Plan of salvation lessons are great.
Speaking of lessons we took the recent convert Mike to a lesson this week and he taught with us. Totally blew the guy out of the water with doctrine it was cool. Then we got up to leave and he decided that he wanted to stay and talk more with the guy. He texted us 3 hours later and told us that the guy thought mormon's believed in working our way to heaven but Mike tried to prove to him that we don't. Mike is so legit.

I really don't have that much more this week. It's all going pretty well. It isn't really hot yet though, which is messed up because last summer it was hotter then hades at this time. God has a great sense of humor once I'm in a car.
Remember who you are and what He stands for!

Elder Paul Funk

No comments:

Post a Comment