Tuesday, September 9, 2014

September…Crazy!

Well hey.
This week was another pretty good one. Honest to goodness I don't remember what happened. Like at all. It just went by wayyy to quick. P day I just sat out on the sideline for awhile Til I was watching one team get destroyed and stepped in and hit a couple of shots to make it more even. It was pretty sweet. Other then that just pretty much chillin'. :)
We went bowling this morning. We found out that a member owns a bowling ally and that we can go for free. This will be a shocker. 1. I didn't lose. 2. I actually got an 89. What? Mission really does change a person.
As far as actually missionary work.
We are teaching another girl named Sue. I think I mentioned her last week. She is really, really prepared. We are going over to have Pizza and a lesson tonight then go over to FHE for the night. She wants to get baptized so she will probably get baptized in the next couple of weeks. Pretty exciting. It's so neat to be able to watch people change and grow in such a short period of time. So cool.
Bethany kinda dropped off for now. Haven't really heard anything from her. Hope she is doing well. She will text us a little bit but other then that we haven't even seen her in like a week or so.
Monty another one of our investigator's didn't show up to church yesterday, but hopefully he will be showing up here pretty quick to get baptized... I think he is really cool.
We also picked up another couple of investigators, one dude that we came and played basketball with us showed up and came to church. I think he really liked it until we had a hard core lesson on Eternal Marriage. I just sit there... and maybe this is wrong. But I'm like how hard could it possibly be to actually get married? Really you just have to give up what you want and learn to do what's better for both of you. How do I know this? I really don't haha. We just have a ton of time to think and talk. On paper everything is 10 times easier.
We went to a musical fireside yesterday. Really, really cool. There was one girl that probably should have been paid to come and sing. She killed it! Then one of the guys that Sister Staker and Haight baptized named Shawn went up there and sang a song and it was so beautiful.I love that guy a ton. If I get transferred out of this area I might possibly die.
Oh by the way transfer calls are this week. Only 2 more after this! It's all happening way to fast... But yeah. I really, really, really, don't want to get transferred. We are watching this area just explode right now. The Lord really, really is hastening the work. It is so neat to be able to watch Him do the work and we get to be a part of it. I realize how much more and more every day that He is the one that is actually doing all of the stuff. If it weren't dependent upon me being Perfect, good at teaching, or really anything else. This whole thing would probably be a flop. I'm so grateful that He lets me be a part of it and we get to watch miracles happen. It's incredible.
One neat experience that we had this week.
So District Meeting. I love to be able to put those together and come up with trainings and look at stuff a little bit differently. It's been really great to be a District Leader. So for the last couple of weeks I have been trying to come up with some ideas on what we need to train on, especially because we just got a district of all sisters now. Well... Nothing at all came to my mind to train on. Seriously nothing.
So I just got up there and said, basically that I had put a lot of thought and everything into it, but had pretty much come up with a whole lot of nothing and just wanted to talk about what they wanted to talk about. It seemed pretty good:) A couple of Sisters asked about managing stress and we also talked about finding ideas... So hopefully all the areas will start to just blossom now too. I think it probably ended up being exactly the meeting that it needed to be. Kinda a weird one, but I guess sometimes it's just like that.
Savon is doing ok by the way after his little accident. I'll tell ya more about it later. He really shouldn't be alive, but God needs him for bigger and better things so yep. Savon can survive anything and everything probably.
Hmm... Anything else? Yeah let's see...  Thanks for everything. I really am so blessed to have all the support that I do to be able to do this. I'm a really lucky guy! Thanks for the letters and the thoughts and especially the prayers.

I slacked on emailing back to the primary.
I got all of your letters! Thank you so much. Y'all are doing really great things. I know that the gospel is true. That Joseph Smith really did do the most marvelous work that has been done on this earth. He was inspired by God to do so. He really did see exactly what he said that he saw that day in 1820. Keep on keepin' on! That's the key to life! Thanks again!
Well. I guess that's it for this week. Love y'all!

Remember who you are and what He stands for! 

No comments:

Post a Comment